Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Filly of the Future


My name is Caressa and I currently just bought a 2 month old American Warmblood paint filly. Her name is Carousel's Electric Jigsaw or Electra and she is very cute and pretty much the type of horse I always wanted. She is going to grow to be tall and flashy. I wanted to start a blog, which I never really did before, to chart and mark my progress with my new baby, as well as make any comments on her or any going's on at the barn, which always seems busy! I also own a 9 year old NSH gelding named Rock the Ring (Ringo) whom is boarded at the same place. We actually just competed on our first horse show since coming to Mass. Ill blog about that later.

This is the only current picture I have of her, about a month ago, and now she is even bigger! Will have to get more pictures of her soon. Anyways, she is about 2 months old, almost 3 and soon to be getting her first leading lesson. Its good to get this started early, especially with this young girl, as she is going to grow tall fast! She is already wondering a good distance from her mom when taken out of her stall, she is getting a mind of her own!

She is a good baby, don't get me wrong, I've patted her pretty much everywhere and she doesn't seem to mind. She gets handled all the time and is a big barn favourite, everyone loves her. Because of that, I'm sure I will be getting alot of help when it comes time to work with her. Everyone cant wait till she grows up, she is going to be awesome! My instructor and barn manager (Enika) has promised to help me work with her, so with her help, I have no doubt that she is going to turn out great!

Tomorrow will be her first leading lesson, Ill be posting updates on how its going with my new baby!

1 comment:

scottnmarcie said...

Hi Caressa!
Your blog space is so cool!!! Your new spotted horse is so darling. I bet you do love her. We will keep an eye on your blog space to watch for upcoming pic's.
Luv Ya, Marcie