Thursday, September 20, 2007

Horse Show!


Alright, I will get around to write about the horse show I went to on Sunday, Sept 16th 2007. It was a local open show, the was pretty close. I took my NSH gelding, Ringo with me. It was going to be our first show since moving to Mass, so I was kinda nervous. I also never been to this type of show before, Iv only had experience with Arabian shows and I knew this one would be somewhat different.



We got there pretty early, but it was already packed! It was a show out of your trailer type, so we had to find a decent spot to park. Showing out of the trailer sucks, that's all I have to say about it. Lol. Since my horse doesn't like to tie nor is he a fan of being in the trailer (unless he is with friends or dead tired) so I had to pretty much hold and walk him around all day, which sucked.



We had 5 classes we were to ride in, and that seemed like alot for us! Didn't help it was pretty warm and sunny out. So anyways, around noon I get on and start warming him up and trying to tire him out some so he wont be to crazy in the ring. Our first class went OK, tons of horses in it but we didn't place cause me and Ringo both messed up. Our 2nd class went better, was about 17 horses in it and we got 5th place. Pretty good I think. As each class went by Ringo was getting more tired and kinda pissed off. When we went into the show ring, he just wanted to run around like an idiot. But by our last class, I think he was tired enough to behave, and we ended up getting 1st out of 4. All in all, the show went good. Other then getting a sun burn and an aching back. I was proud of Ringo for being a good boy and doing better then I thought he would. Below are some pictures of me and him.






Horse Show

No comments: