Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Seems to be doing better...

My little girl seems to be doing somewhat better. Iv been working her when her mum is taking a lesson in the ring, that way I have more room to work with her. I start off working her with the rope NOT wrapped around her butt and do that until she starts acting up, then I will put the rope around her and work her that way for a while. Then I will start over, without it. She still likes to bite but hey.... what can ya do...

I was talking to Enika about her and she was saying that she looks like she is growing to fast, more so then she should be for her age. Mostly because she is stealing her mum's food and still nursing. I think we should wean her now. If it continues to get worse, she could get Contracted tendons or Epiphysitis? Where her bones grow faster then her tendons, so its important that she doesn't get any more grain for a while!

I will try to get a updated picture up soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Caressa,
Check out her front legs from the side. You know there should be some angle in the fetlock. If she's growing too fast that angle won't be very pronounced and her leg will look almost straight from the fetlock down. Have a vet look at her if you still have questions. Hope all is well!!!
Uncle Scott and Auntie Marcie