Friday, November 2, 2007

Slow Going...

It seems so slow going right now, with her training. I feel like one day she might be learning something but the next time I try the same thing with her, its like its all forgotten. But I guess that is the way of things. Today they were already in there stalls when I got around to saying Hi to her. I found her laying down in the corner of the stall. I crept in and knelt down next to her.
Thankfully, the sawdust was fresh and clean, so I ended up sitting down next to her. I kept calm and she didn't seem to mind to much that I was there, which is good. I want to try to build some more trust with her, and having her not jump up when I came in the stall is a good step forward I think.

She pretty much knows how to go forward on a lead when asked a few times, but sometimes...she just doesn't want to, stubborn as a mule! Then goes the butt rope, and even then, takes alot of tugging to get her moving forward. But I think I am making that slow progress....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey your new little horse is soooo cute! The girls really liked him. It was so nice talking to you today! I miss you!

Love julie

Unknown said...

Hello Miss Caressa!
See, you are making progress! Keep it up. I bet your baby is really growing. Is it starting to ge tcolder their? It is feeling a little colder here. The highs have been in the low 60's and 50's. Aaron and mike and grandpa went over to Joel's today to help w/his roof & etc. He was really happy for their help. Well, until next time! Keep up the good work. Scott is yelling at the patriot game tonite....
Tell Mike hello! Luv you Honey, Aunty Marcie